Online course: Please complete the form opposite to discuss preferred dates.
Reliability Engineering emphasises dependability in the lifecycle management of a product, where it is essential to consider the Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) characteristics. RAM analysis contains a number of techniques that help engineers understand the risks that will prevent dependable operation of a system by assessing failure modes, frequencies and consequences.
This course introduces some of the key elements of a RAM analysis, giving hands on practice of performing a simple analysis using ReliaSoft tools. This course aims to provide the following:
- Understanding of basic principles of RAM analysis (terminology, definitions, purpose)
- Understanding of how failure rates are calculated
- Understanding of how FMEA/RCM can be used to identify failure modes/maintenance tasks
- Demonstration of reliability prediction using ReliaSoft Lambda-Predict
- Demonstration of Life Data Analysis using ReliaSoft Weibull++
- Demonstration of System Reliability Modelling using ReliaSoft BlockSim
- Discussion of reporting/presenting findings of analysis
Live Courses: 2 Days - Course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
Live Courses: £500 including lunch and refreshments.
Online Courses: Split into 4 sessions, 3 hour slots.
Online Courses: Please complete the form opposite or contact us for online training prices, including discounts for multiple delegates and courses.
Registration / Further Information
Please contact us to discuss if this course is suitable for your requirements and to book your place(s). Simply:
We can also run this course at your offices as a company-dedicated training session on a date of your choosing. Please indicate when contacting us if you are interested in this option.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended as an introduction to the subject, for people that will be required to perform RAM analysis in their work and would like to understand what techniques are available to understand these 3 key dependability characteristics (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability).
The course does not assume any prior knowledge on the subject of Reliability or Safety Engineering, with fundamental concepts and terminology being introduced.
Although this course uses ReliaSoft tools, it is not intended to provide detailed training on software tools, if these are of interest there are follow on courses available that cover more detail.
- Overview of RAM Analysis
- Purpose of RAM analysis
- Common tools and techniques
- Identifying and Updating Risks
- Risk Registers
- Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Quantifying Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability Metrics
- Failure Rate and MTBF Calculations
- Reliability Prediction
- Life Data Analysis
- Repair Times
- Modelling System Dependability
- Analytical Reliability Modelling
- Monte Carlo Simulation for Availability and Spare Parts
- Reporting Results
Training Services Overview >>