Asset owners and their staff need to consider safety instrumented systems and safety instrumented functions as vital components within process safety.
The risks to health, safety and the environmental are required to be reduced to an acceptable level, So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP) or As Low As Reasonable Practicable (ALARP). It is also recommended that any commercial risk to companies should be reduced to acceptable levels for the relevant business.
This two day course, which includes IEC 61511 Edition 2 (2016) latest information, will provide you with fundamental awareness and knowledge of the principal requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511.
Public & On Site Courses
Live Courses: 2 Days - Course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm
Public Course: £1000, includes lunch and refreshments.
On-Site Course: Please complete the form opposite or contact us for onsite training prices, including discounts for multiple delegates and courses
Online Courses: Split into 4 sessions 3 hour slots.
Online Courses: Please complete the form opposite or contact us for online training prices, including discounts for multiple delegates and courses.
Further Information / Registration
Please contact us to discuss if this course is suitable for your requirements and to make arrangements. Simply:
Who Should Attend?
Personnel involved in the assessments, engineering, management, operating or maintaining of functional safety systems.
This includes managers, supervisors, design engineers, instrumentation engineers, process engineers, safety engineers, operating and maintenance personnel and anybody seeking to progress within the field of functional safety.
Public Course Venues
Stockport Training Venue
Wilde Analysis Training Facility
Whitworth House, 28 Charles Street
Course Topics Include:
- Principles and Concepts of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- Safety Management, including Responsibilities, Competences, Lifecycle Activities
- Hazard Identification, Risk Targets & SIL Determination Methods including:
- Safety Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Requirements and Role of the Functional Safety Assessment
- Requirements for Verification and Validation
- Designs to Meet Requirements for Process Related Hazards, including:
- Failure Rate Data & Confidence Levels
- Modifications and Decommissioning
- Documentation Requirements
There is normally no formal assessment. However, there is a highly recommended optional test at the end of each day, which on successfully passing a certificate of achievement for the course will be issued.
Training Services Overview >